4/27/16

Legendary Cards get Rebalanced


       Some great news has come in today about the legendary cards. Supercell is going to be completely reworking the cards to have a more balanced game play at higher levels.
       Most of the news generally does not affect any of the players who are not pay to win. The news released talks about how most of the cards will be gaining another available level for them. For example the common card level cap is being raised to 13 from 12. A vast majority of the players is no where near this thus not having to much of an effect.

       However, not all the cards are gaining a level. Epics are going to remain the same for now, but the Legendary cards are going to get reduced. The current cap for them is level 6, but after the next update they will be capped at level 5. Supercell will also reimburse gems for this reduction.

        My favorite part of what they announced is how the shop will work. Currently cars scale in price exponentially, which makes them become outrageously expensive. Supercell is changing this so that they scale in a linear fashion. This can let players get more of a certain card without prices becoming extreme.

         I am a bit disappointed with what they also announced. They said that if a player is a high enough arena level, they will be able to buy legendary cards from the shop. This just upsets me a little bit. I like how rare these cards are. I do not want people to get a hold of these cards without having to work for them. I feel that putting them in the shop gets rid of how special they truly are. Personally, I haven't unlocked one yet, but I feel it is better to make people wait instead of buying it in the shop. This is just my opinion, however I feel it just takes something special out of the game. Check out Supercell's article here.